Enjoy your bus trip to Arraial do Cabo and get to know Brazil like never before!
Rio de Janeiro is an incredible place. Overflows with natural and cultural beauties. An example is Arraial do Cabo city, located at Região dos Lagos, RJ. The distance between Rio and Arraial do Cabo is 204km, and the bus trip takes around 3h05min. One characteristic that makes Arraial do Cabo different from its neighbors (Buzios and Cabo Frio) is that the city holds a typical fisher village aspect. Even in high traveling season the quiet atmosphere is constant. Because of this rustic trace the prices in this city are also very attractive, from restaurants to hotels.
In Arraial there are no luxurious places, but you can find comfortable and paradisiacal spots. Arraial do Cabo gather the most beautiful characteristics from Brazillian coast, like dunes made from white sands, lakes, lagunas, and crystal clean water beaches, not mentioning the cliffs that let us have a good view of all of this.
There are plenty of incredible places to enjoy. Don’t miss the following points during your trip:
- Praia do Forno (reached by boat), with a stunning breathtaking blue water sea;
- Sightseeing at Mirante do Pontal do Atalaia, where you can enjoy the sunset also;
- Praia do Farol (Watchtower’s beach), where is only accessed by boat and has beautiful dunes;
- Praia dos Anjos (Angel’s beach) is the starting point to chill at boats or to do some fishing;
- Praia Brava (Angry Beach), favorite sport for surfers, has strong waves and is not recommended do for casual swimmers.
- Prainha is an urbanized beach and has kiosks and calm waters. On the surroundings we can find the Saco do Cherne, a diving practice spot.
- Other places worth visiting are Nossa Senhora dos Remédio’s Church, that was built in 1503 by Portuguese’s and the Oceanographic Museum.
All year! The weather in Arraial do Cabo is very hot almost all year. You might find some rain especially along the summer but its still worth the trip!
Buses arrive at Fernando Barros Pessoa Bus Terminal, located at Bandeira Square (Praça da Bandeira), w/n – Monte Alto Neiboorhod. Their phone number is +55 (21) 2622-1488.
The route from Rio de Janeiro to Arraial do Cabo by bus is the most popular way to get to the city. but you can also reach the Arraial leaving from Macaé, Niteroi, São Gonçalo and other cities. If you arrive in Brazil and want to visit Angra dos Reis, we recommend you to first go to Rio de Janeiro city and from there explore other places close by like Angra dos Reis, Buzios, Paraty and others.
Bus from Rio de Janeiro to Arraial do Cabo: The distance between Rio de Janeiro and Arraial do Cabo is 204km and the bus trip takes around 3 hours. 1001 Bus Company have many daily buses from 4:30 am to 23:54 pm. Buses depart from Novo Rio Bus Terminal – Rio de Janeiro.
Bus from Niterói to Arraial do Cabo: Buses depart from Niterói Bus Station, located at Feliciano Sodre Avenue, w/n – Downtown. Their phone number is +55 (21) 2620-8847. The 1001 Bus Company offer daily buses to Arraial do Cabo from 00:24 am.
Bus tickets to Arraial do Cabo: Here at BRASIL BY BUS, you can book your bus ticket for more than 3.000 destinations in Brazil with the main bus companies in the country. Booking and cancelation are 100% online and international travelers can book it using their international credit card.